Limited Fork graphic

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Project Thought 1

In regard to my last post, I have begun to brew ideas for a project for this course. "I want to tell the story again. Tomorrow. The next day. Next week. Next year. Because each of them are different--I rewrite my life for every second that I am." Perhaps I will document how I choose to define myself, or characterize myself, everyday. I will document the me time that I spend, that works to contribute to my story. Perhaps I will paint, perhaps I will laugh. Perhaps I will do nothing for myself. Each documentation will be a picture--some will be full, some will be blank. And this sequence of photos, for the sake of telling my own story, will tell a story in itself, of the semester--of my progress as a person. Again, just an idea. Thoughts? Suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. It would be interesting to see how others would "define you" in comparison to your own thoughts. You could see yourself as an anthology of sorts. Maybe the result of your findings could be frankenstein of your interactions with them? You mentioned in your last post the strangeness and power of stories, so maybe you could compose an anthology of you through other people's stories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sounds really interesting, particularly the idea that you will document the "me time" that you spend working towards your story. I like the idea of the process being considered as important as the end result itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this sounds like a really interesting idea! I am curious how you would put this together? I don't really know anything about art or photography, but gathering the pieces is only a small part of the whole task. This representation would also define your story as a representation of your representation of yourself... if that made any sense. I agree with Tery that a comparison to how others view you would be very interesting. As I'm watching the career fair going on outside of the classroom, it's interesting to think that each student has about 5 (probably less) minutes to communicate with the recruiters why they would be the best candidate for the job. This type of story telling is very different from one you would give to someone you just met at a bar, so I feel like it could be interesting to explore how your story changes based on who you are sharing it with.

    ReplyDelete