Limited Fork graphic

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Where does the time go?

The first thing that came to my mind when I started thinking about the internet is what a time-sucker it is. Sometimes when I want to finish homework or make some serious progress on a project, I have to turn my computer off just so I can concentrate. What is it that makes people feel the need to endlessly troll the internet for hours at a time? Are we searching for something in particular to fulfill us? Is there a limit to the random things we find entertaining? (I'm thinking the answer is no) There's one blog in particular I follow on tumblr called "The Daily What." (Here's the link! Check it out: http://thedailywh.at/) Every day, some person (or group) searches the internet for.... anything. Everything. And they find some extremely odd and somehow interesting things. I found myself wondering what it would be like to have a job like that: just searching for things on the internet. It's like a scavenger hunt, but we don't know what we're looking for, or why.

No comments:

Post a Comment