Limited Fork graphic

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Internet Tree


Recently I've been thinking a lot about trees.  For the longest time, winter was my least favorite season, because I love to be outside when it's warm and green.  Then last year I noticed something: trees are really beautiful without their leaves.  I found myself fascinated by the lacy, web-like tangle of branches, especially when they're silhouetted against a sunset.  When I came to this class, I immediately thought of internet systems and webs of intersecting information, and how it parallels the tree form in nature.  I'm working with thread and trees in part of my BFA thesis at the moment, and I'd love to explore how intersecting webs can be used to personify this endless flow of information going on in our computers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment