Limited Fork graphic

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Precious Images


This is the link to the film Precious Images by Chuck Workman

http://onlineshortfilms.net/watch/precious-images-video_f50b4ad1f.html

I'm not going to try to describe this short film, or explain what it is or what it is meant to be, because it means something very different to me than it may mean to any of you.

When I watch this film, it fills me up with emotion and love and happiness and desire... As an actor, seeing clips of these films and actors, these classics and legends, gives me a sort of hope...

Casablanca. Streetcar Named Desire. Lady and the Tramp. Barbara Streisand. Miss Piggy. Tom Hanks. Meryl Streep. Planet of the Apes. Rambo. Terminator. Scarface. Al Pacino. The Sound of Music. Julie Andrews. Singing in the Rain. Cabaret. The King and I. The Blues brothers. Shirley Temple. Mary Poppins. Flash Dance. John Travolta. Judy Garland. West Side Story. Psycho. Ghost Busters. Star Wars. Superman. Godzilla. Mickey Mouse. King Kong. Phantom of the Opera. The Shining. Clockwork Orange. Malcolm Mcdowell. Dracula. Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Merilyn Monroe. Audrey Hepburn. 10. Tom Cruise. Eddie Murphey. Breakfast at Tiffany's. Morgan Freeman. Robert Deniro. Jack Nicholson. The Graduate. Marlon Brando. Elizabeth Taylor. E.T. The Wizard of OZ. 

Not all of the clips in the film obviously, but these are some of the ones that I can make out at first glance. The clips go by so fast and overwhelm me to a point where all I can do it smile!

This film is certainly a form of book, and a book that can be read differently depending on who is reading it. To me these films have lasted and these actors have been idolized for a reason...to you it may not make sense or say something completely different, and that is not wrong, that is just what you see.

Perhaps I could make a video book like this...combining my own "precious images" to tell the story that I want to tell...I don't know yet what these "precious images" of mine are...I think they could be a combination of many things to still be determined...but I love this idea of PRECIOUS IMAGES...an image can hold so much feeling and memory and emotion, and to create a book that tells the story of something so precious to me and my heart using images that are also precious might be something I really want to pursue...

No comments:

Post a Comment