Limited Fork graphic

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Precious images, sounds, touches...


Thylias started talking again about deficits that people have, and if somebody can't see, hear, feel, etc., then how do they perceive your work??

This got me thinking even more about this Precious Images idea, but perhaps a way in which I can create a book so that more than one sense is used...

I got this image in my head of my own precious images on a screen in the center of a room, the images are on a loop. Playing on a speaker so that it fills up the whole room are my own precious sounds that are so integrated into the room that if you close your eyes you can not only hear them, but you can feel them. And then in the room hanging from the ceiling are different precious things of mine that as you move through the room the things at the front of the room represent my childhood and the things towards the back represent where I am now. 

I don't know if I could actually do this or if this would be the final idea, but this was the first vision I got in my head and I have been thinking about this "images, sounds, touches" thing since the first day of class...I want to pursue this further...

No comments:

Post a Comment