Limited Fork graphic

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sean Penn


I didn't realize it, but Sean Penn has been intruding on my mind for a while now.  I've been thinking a lot about trees (you've probably all seen me in the corner with my hot glue gun), and working on constructing a forest made of thread trees (this is also part of my thesis for the BFA program, but I think it's ridiculous for projects to not spill over into other classes, don't you? my thoughts all jumble together, especially with art).  This movie trailer really made an impression on me a few months ago when I first saw it.  This movie is supposed to be mainly about emotions and sensory images, and I think it's interesting to think of how film can invoke strong emotional responses.  I'm interested in emotional responses in my own work, but haven't done anything with it in a while.  Watching this made me remember all those things I had been thinking about, and how nature is connected to everything (at least, that's how I feel about it).

No comments:

Post a Comment