Limited Fork graphic

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"The Entrepreneur's Guide to Second Life"


Making Money in the Metaverse

When i first stepped into second life the first thing that popped into my head was not "how can I make money off this?" Quite the contrary, my initial reaction was to run around like a doofus and wreak minor havoc. I even had a gang with me to annoy people. This book looks hilarious. A barrel of laughs. But this is a very serious topic. Daniel Terdiman even says so: "You can only make money in Second Life if you are totally serious about it." That means I would really have to get my act together if I plan on making my first million through the internet.

Terdiman also has a blog, where he interviews and discusses Second Life entrepreneurs and innovators.

BLOG

Some of the advice given also applied to the real world. For example: "To do well in business in Second Life, pick a product that people will buy over and over, not just once, such as clothing, hair, skins and fashion in general. People don't buy a new couch very often, but they buy lots of clothes."

On the other hand, one featured innovator gained her fame by creating "tiny" avatars, which is something unique to the second life world.

I guess since I have no business drive in the real world, it wouldn't really be possible for me to have any in a virtual world. As soon as I think of something goofy to sell i'll give it a shot and let you guys know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment